Our Top 15 Recommendations for Pet Ramps
Up-to-date pricing and reviews for Pet Ramps on the market
- Continue adventures together: Use the folding ramp to help your best friend get in and out of your car, minivan or SUV all by themselves to improve road trips together
- Safety tested & durable: This strong ramp is independently tested and rated to support pets up to 150 pounds
- Lightweight: Weighing only 10 pounds the ramp is easy to carry and lift in and out of the car between stops
- No slipping: High-traction surface and side rails keep your furry friend from slipping or falling when walking on the ramp
- Simple to store: Ramp easily folds in half and locks with the safety latch to let you conveniently store it in your vehicle
- CONTINUE CUDDLE TIME: Use the ramp to help your best friend get up on the sofa all by themselves to improve quality time together
- SAFETY TESTED & DURABLE: This strong ramp is independently tested and rated to support pets up to 120 lb
- DECORATIVE: Cherry, wood finish adds a decorative element to any home
- NO SLIPPING: Heavy-duty carpet cover keeps your pet from sliding when using the ramp to get on and off of the bed
- SIZING: Ramp measures 70 in L X 16 in W X 25 in H
- CONTINUE ADVENTURES TOGETHER: Use the telescoping ramp to help your best friend get in and out of your car, minivan or SUV all by themselves to improve road trips together
- ADJUSTABLE SIZING: The adjustable telescoping ramp allows you to help your pet get in and out of different size vehicles; ramp measures 39-72 in L X 17 in W X 4 in H
- SAFETY TESTED & DURABLE: This strong ramp is independently tested and rated to support pets up to 400 lb
- LIGHTWEIGHT: Weighing only 13 pounds the ramp is easy to carry and lift in and out of the car between stops
- NO SLIPPING: High-traction surface and side rails keep your furry friend from slipping or falling when walking on the ramp
- supertraX mat is soft, protecting pets' paws and removes for easy cleaning
- Rubber grippers on bottom keep step secure and in place
- Easily snaps together; no tools required ; For pets up to 150 lbs
- Light-weight; easy to move from room to room. Step height- 5 Inch from floor
- Measures 28-Inch L by 16-Inch W by 16-Inch H
- Slip-resistant surface provides sure footing
- Easy fold for compact storage
- Built in molded handle for portability
- Rubber grippers on bottom help keep ramp steady
- Measures 71 x 16 x 4-inches; for pets up to 200-pounds
- SupertraX tread is soft, protecting pets paws and also provides sure-footing and is removable for easy cleaning.
- Patented free-standing design, ramp supports itself, does not need to rest on vehicle or furniture
- Ramp easily folds for compact storage and portability. Raised edges help prevent slipping off the side
- Measures 56-inch L x 16-inch W x 23-inch H, for pets upto 200-pounds
- Please scroll below and read "From the Manufacturer" for exciting features
- protects the joints of the pet
- The Package Height Of The Product Is 5.91 Inches
- The Package Length Of The Product Is 40.55 Inches
- The Package Width Of The Product Is 15.55 Inches
- Fabric Color: Chocolate Brown, finished Wood Color: Mahogany
- Recommended for pets under 80 pounds
- Spot clean or light vacuum. Suitable for puppies, adult dogs and cats
- Dimensions when Open: 30.5 inches L x 15 inches W x 18 inches H
- Collapsed Dimensions: 28 inches L x 15 inches W x 4 inches H. NOTE: Refer user guide before use for steps to fit the product correctly
- Continue cuddle time: Use the steps to help your best friend climb up on the sofa or bed all by themselves to improve quality time together
- Safety tested for durability: These durable steps are independently tested and rated to support pets up to 150 pounds
- Lightweight: Weighing only 5 pounds the pet steps are easy to carry around the house wherever you need them
- No slipping: Nonskid feet, fabric tread covers and side-rails keep the steps from moving and your pet from sliding when using it to get on and off of furniture
- Simple to store: PetSteps fold down flat so you can easily store them under your couch or bed
- 2-IN-1 CONVERTIBLE DESIGN: Converts simply from 4-steps to a ramp to make it easy for older or arthritic pets to reach sofas, beds, cars, and more. Suitable for old, weak and sick pets.
- STURDY AND SAFE: Sturdy wood construction for strong support can hold pets up to 110 pounds.
- COMFORTABLE ACCESS: Nonskid feet, Fabric covered ramp and stairs provide traction for your pet's paws.
- EASY STORAGE AND PORTABLE: Lightweight and sturdy, this pet stairs can be easily moved, shifted, and stored for convenient accessibility.
- DIMENSION: 30.9" L x 18.5" W x 25.6" H; Step Size: 15.7" x 9.06", Pet stairs mode is perfect for Small to Large-sized pets, easy to reach sofas or beds. Pet ramp mode is very steep, so it is only suitable for cats and medium to Large-sized dogs, not for small dogs.
- Relieve Joint Pain: Help your pet easily reach that high bed or couch! Made with mattress-grade cushioning to relieve pressure on paws and joints.
- Space-saving Design: Easily foldable so you can put it away whenever you need more space. Keep it under the bed or in a closet!
- Take It Anywhere: Lightweight and portable so you can quickly move from room to room, or bring with you on your next journey!
- Home Decor: Available in a variety of colors and patterns to match your pet's look & personality! For Extra convenience, Each stair cover is removable and machine-washable.
- Quality You Can Trust: Made in the USA with premium-grade materials and CertiPUR-US Certified foam to ensure lifetime durability.
- FITS BEDS or COUCHES UP TO 16 INCHES or SHORTER: please verify that the height of your bed, couch or chair is 16 inches or shorter. The ramp needs be in the TALLEST POSITION in order to reach most couches, beds or chairs
- DECORATIVE & STURDY: Built with a simple design offering a soft accent to any room. The ramp is also sturdy enough to hold up to 75 lbs.
- PAW-FRIENDLY GRIP CARPET: Crafted with an indoor/outdoor durable, paw-friendly grip carpet for added traction and comfort. The grip carpet is designed to keep your pet from slipping when on the ramp
- ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT & COLLAPSIBLE: The Pet steps may be adjusted to 3 different heights—12, 14 & 16 Inches. When not in use, simply collapse the pet ramp down to 2” height for easy storage underneath your couch, bed or chair
- SMALL DOG USE ONLY. INDOOR USE ONLY. DIMENSIONS: Short Setting: 14” Width x 35” Length x 12” Height; Medium Setting: 14” Width x 35” Length x 14” Height; Tall Setting: 14” Width x 35” Length x 16” Height; COLLAPSED: 14” Width x 35” Length x 2” Height; Weight: 10 lbs.
- CONTINUE ADVENTURES TOGETHER: Use the telescoping ramp to help your best friend get in and out of your truck, car, minivan or SUV all by themselves to improve road trips together
- EXTRA LONG ADJUSTABLE SIZING: Longer length and extra wide telescoping ramp allows you to help your pet get in and out of vehicles with steeper inclines; ramp measures 47-87 in L X 20 in W X 4 in H
- SAFETY TESTED & DURABLE: This strong ramp is independently tested and rated to support pets up to 300 lb
- LIGHTWEIGHT: Weighing 18 pounds the ramp is easy to carry and lift in and out of the car between stops
- NO SLIPPING: High-traction surface and side rails keep your furry friend from slipping or falling when walking on the ramp
- [Let's Appreciate this gift.]: Bottom decorated with bone pattern, This exclusive ramp allows your four-legged friend to enjoy getting in and out of the car, boat and pool safely. Easy to use and store, compact when closed. High-traction surface gives pets sure footing, your pet will easily be able to grip into the mat, simply by putting weight on it.
- [Sturdy & Durable]: Made from high-quality plastic, covered with stepped design, this ramp is lightweight, scratch and wear resistant, claw-friendly, and durable for long lasting. Support weights up to 160-200 lbs.
- [Step-by-step Design]: The nonslip surface, paired with raised side rails, provides your furry pal with optimal traction and secure footing when walking up or down. Also four rubber feet keep the ramp stable while in use.
- [Easy to fold]: The ramp is lightweight, easy to use, and convenient to fold after use for storage or travel. A set of plastic buckles is included to prevent suddenly opening, ensuring extra safety.
- [Quality Assurance]: COZIWOW is committed to product quality. We promise 100% quality assurance for products for 1 year, just to give you the best products and services. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- FITS BEDS or COUCHES UP TO 13 INCHES or SHORTER: please verify that the height of your bed, couch, or chair is 13 inches or shorter. The ramp needs to be in the TALLEST POSITION in order to reach most couches, beds, or chairs
- DECORATIVE & STURDY: built with a simple design offering a soft accent to any room. The ramp is also sturdy enough to hold up to 75 lbs.
- PAW-FRIENDLY GRIP CARPET: crafted with an indoor/outdoor durable, paw-friendly grip carpet for added traction and comfort. The grip carpet is designed to keep your pet from slipping when on the ramp
- ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT & COLLAPSIBLE: the Pet steps may be adjusted to 2 different heights—10” or 13” Inches. When not in use, simply collapse the pet ramp down to 2” height for easy storage underneath your bed, couch, or chair
- SMALL DOG USE ONLY. INDOOR USE ONLY. DIMENSIONS: Short Setting: 14” Width x 26” Length x 10” Height; Medium Setting: 14” Width x 26” Length x 13” Height; COLLAPSED: 14” Width x 26” Length x 2” Height; Weight: 8 lbs
Dog Lover’s Guide to Pet Ramps
If your dog is aging or arthritic, or if his legs are just a little too short to leap up into the SUV, a pet ramp can be a good solution to help get him where he needs to go. Lately, a bunch of emails have come through to YourPetHatesYou, asking whether it’s better to buy a ready-made pet ramp or build your own wooden pet ramp.
So, today’s post will outline the main types of pet ramp, weigh up the pros and cons of building or buying, point you in the direction of a few leading pet ramp reviews (if you decide to buy) and give you some handy diy pet ramp tips (if you decide to build).
The Three Main Types of Pet Ramp
Whether you’re looking for a pet ramp for SUV, your dog’s favorite chair or for a way for him to get up on your bed, there are three basic designs of pet ramps:
The Pet Step Ramp
Pet step ramps are popular among people who have short legged dogs because they break up the huge journey to the bed or couch. They’re also a bit more stylish than regular ramps, making them a popular choice in decor conscious homes. They are generally used in one place and are an ideal pet ramp for bed or the couch.
The Telescoping Pet Ramp
Telescoping ramps are light yet sturdy, can be adjusted to different levels and fold down for easy storage and travel, making them the ideal pet ramp for car. A folding pet ramp is most popular among active families who love to get out and about with their dogs.
The Fixed Pet Ramp
These simple ramps do not fold down and tend to be best for use in one part of the house. They are often suitable for outdoor as well as indoor use and frequently have added comfort features such as carpeted surface. They are ideal for elderly or arthritic dogs.
Making a DIY Pet Ramp
A Cheat’s Way
Attach a plank of the length you need to a solid wooden crate or box using strong hinges (this will give you the 45 degree angle you need for a ramp). Cover the ramp with a length of used carpet for better grip. Voila!
You have a very basic pet ramp – the trickiest bit is finding a crate in the same height as the object you want the dog to be able to access!
An Expert’s Way
If you’ve got the tools, the time and the expertise, you might decide to make something a little more sophisticated. There are hundreds of awesome pet ramp plans on the net – search for one you like, measure up your space, buy materials and get to work! We love this how to make a pet ramp tutorial
What to Look for When Trying to Buy the Best Pet Ramp
If you don’t have the time, skill or inclination to build a homemade pet ramp, there are a number of quality pet ramps on the market. Here are a few attributes to look for if you decide to buy ready-made:
- Is it the right size and design for your purpose?
- Is it sturdy enough to hold your pet’s weight? (manufacturer specs should give advice on this).
- Are you looking for an outdoor pet ramp or an indoor pet ramp? Check that the one you choose will stand up to the environment you intend to use it in.
- Do you need your pet ramp to be portable (e.g a car pet ramp)? If so, choose something that’s light and folds down easily.
- Does the model you’re looking at have a warranty for at least a year?
- What do other customers say about the product? Does it have positive pet ramp reviews?
DIY Versus Ready-Made: Which is the Best Option for You?
If you’re a keen DIY carpenter, you’ll probably have all the tools and materials you need around home. If not, you’ll have to head to the depot. You’ll still spend just a fraction of what you would on a ready-made ramp. A quality ready-made pet ramp can cost you anywhere between $30 and $100.
The time a pet ramp takes to make depends on how ambitious the design is and on your level of skill. The project can take you anywhere between an hour and an entire weekend! The waiting is the hardest part! The only time factor here is waiting for shipment after you order your ramp.
Even if you’re a total amateur, you should be able to make a basic fixed ramp. Someone with intermediate skills (and a whole lot of patience!) should be able to make a step ramp. But, it would take some fairly advanced engineering skills to make a deluxe telescoping pet ramp! One good thing about buying is that (you hope) the manufacturers know what they’re doing and have made their products to the highest safety standards.
Summary: Will You Buy or Build a Pet Ramp?
As with any situation, there are pros and cons to either building or buying a pet ramp and we can’t see a clear winner between the two choices. It all depends on your personal budget and expertise, and the functionality you need from a pet ramp.